My Name is Leo

An adored cat deals gracefully with a jaw tumor while his owner quietly falls apart.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, Northeast, United States

Thursday, February 02, 2006

If Kitty Could Type

Although Leo is the most articulate cat I've had the pleasure to know (with a variety of meows, throat trills) and an expert in body language, he has not yet mastered English and he's a little rusty on the keyboard (although he does have the mouse thing down.)

But if he could, here's what he would tell you about himself:

Name: Leo the Cat



Age: 12 3/4 years
Sign: Aries (no, not Leo)
Birthplace: Under a shed in Chester Co., PA
Mother: A lovely tortoise shell long-haired cat of unknown original
Father: I never knew my dad [chokes back a little meow]
Adopted by my humans: June 1993

Weight: A little less than 10 pounds
Height: Average
Eyes: Green-Gold
Hair: Strawberry blonde (but the vet calls me "orange" - how pedestrian!)

Turn-ons: Well...none really...see, um...there was this little operation when I was a kitten...



Turn-offs: Vacuum cleaners; the sound of packing tape being pulled off the spool; riding in the car (aka going to the vet); humans that think I'm a girl just because I'm beautiful.

Hobbies: Hairball cultivation; marathons (sleeping); current U.S. Purr & Knead Champion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Merujo said...

Love it - especially the look on the face right after the comment about the uh, "snip snip" procedure...

2/02/2006 10:09 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Those hobbies are hilarious!

2/20/2016 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Terresa said...

Hi There

My cat Reds also has a big tumour on his chin and side of the jaw.

We are looking at options now for treatment as she is still strong and eating ect. Reds is 14 years old.

So that is why I started reading your blog.

I call that kneading... making cookies!

7/21/2016 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home