My Name is Leo

An adored cat deals gracefully with a jaw tumor while his owner quietly falls apart.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, Northeast, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Just A Glimmer Of



...to get through the weekend.

Picked up the eyeshadow in the supermarket last night. Drawn by the colors, and then I saw the word. Hope. Is there? Dare I?

Leo has a will that is stronger than his body should allow, and a spirit that will endure even after his body ceases to be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I have a 13 year old named 'Belly' (actually Mirabella but she loves to eat, so now it's Belly). Took her to Vet last week, drooling, poor appetite, they put her on antibiotics, so her teeth can be cleaned and have a few extractions, took her this morning for that procedure, they did an xray, found her r mandible is 1/2 deteriorated from what they think is cancer. I brought her home with pain meds and the understanding I will make her as comfortable&spoiled as possible. This afternoon I wanted to just cry. She still eats, even her Friskies Part Mix which is crunchy. But wanted to thank you for this blog, I found it and my tears began to stop and I find it very comforting. Thank You for sharing your story.

7/13/2012 7:31 PM  
Blogger Cyn said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Belly, and moreso for not replying earlier to your post. Your "thank you" is appreciated...truly there aren't words to express how much I value a comment like yours. It's so hard to hear of other beloved pets going through this that sometimes I just can't bring myself to visit the webpage to comment...and now when I do I feel truly awful for not letting you know (while you going through this last summer) just how much I appreciate your taking the time to let me know Leo's story was comforting to you. I'm sure you spoiled Belly, and loved her, and made her last days very very happy.

3/10/2013 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home