My Name is Leo

An adored cat deals gracefully with a jaw tumor while his owner quietly falls apart.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, Northeast, United States

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Day 34

It's one of those good news, bad news situations.

The good news is that Leo has had a great week. He's been happy, grooming himself and seemingly having a grand time.


Relaxing yesterday

And he's been eating especially well since the Clavamox course ended Wednesday. His weight is back up to about 10 pounds from 9.5 pounds in the beginning of last week (both approximate weights -- due to unscientific method of weighing myself alone and then holding him -- I won't mention the weight I have gained as well, except to say that marathon cat petting sessions do not burn off many calories.)

The bad news is that I noticed the return of kitty bad breath -- and nasty breath preceded both his previous bouts with oral infection.

Last time, I was unsure or in denial that the infection had returned -- and by the time I figured it out he ended up having a couple of lousy days before the antibiotic got things back under control. So I definitely want to nip it in the bud this time.

Yet even tonight, I was starting the denial process after watching him play like a madman (mad kitty.) He seems to be feeing so well. But then, he began cleaning himself and hissed as he wiped his paw across the left side of his face.

So obviously, another first-thing-in-the-morning vet call is in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home