My Name is Leo

An adored cat deals gracefully with a jaw tumor while his owner quietly falls apart.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, Northeast, United States

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Baby Pictures

In some post, way back when, I mentioned putting up photos of Leo as a wee kitty.

So, here they are:



My first photo of Leo -- about six weeks old -- June 1993. My sister and I had just brought him home to join his brother Zeke (who had been adopted a day earlier.) Both were born under our grandparents' shed -- mother's owner not known -- and were part of a litter of six.

The day before this photo was taken, I had watched all six kittens playing happily around a log pile for about an hour (looking for a lively, playful kitten to adopt) and noticed that the grey and white one (Zeke) was spending all his time chasing around the orange fluffy one (Leo.)

So, when Zeke was miserable the first night we had him, walking around the house meowing, I went back the next day in the hopes of catching that fluffy orange kitty. Found out later that they were the only males in the litter.

More first-day photos:




Both cats were so happy to be together again (ya know, if "happy" is defined as trying to attack each other, which I believe it is in kitten terms.)






Look at that face! How could I not fall in love with this furry little guy?

2 Comments:

Blogger Merujo said...

Oh man! How incredibly cute!!! I have got to move out of this "pet-free" neighborhood. Seriously.

3/30/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Cyn said...

Once you go cat, you never go back (or something like that...)

My sister and I spent 6 years sharing an apartment in a pet-free building and these little guys were my reward to myself for having the guts to sell my car to use for a downpayment on a house.

(Well, honestly, having a pet was one motivating factor in buying the house, the other was having a stalker who knew the location of my apartment. But that's a whole 'nother story that has nothing to do with Leo!)

3/31/2006 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home