My Name is Leo

An adored cat deals gracefully with a jaw tumor while his owner quietly falls apart.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia area, Northeast, United States

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Three Month Mark

It was three months ago today that Leo's x-ray showed a mass on his jaw.

And I'm happy to say that his condition has not worsened significantly in the past month. In fact, his weight improved after we found that Clindamycin was a much gentler-on-his-stomach antibiotic.

He's seemed pretty perky the past few days. Thursday and/or Friday he wasn't even drooling all that much.

Considering most cat cancers seems to have a two-to-three-month survival prediction, I'm happy to be marking this day with no crisis, and no obvious distress.


Leo displays the opposite of obvious distress tonight.


So the next mental milestone is Leo's 13th birthday...probably marking it on May 6th, since I found that birthdate on some paperwork when he was a kitten (although I'm sure it was a date I just picked out of thin air, since I never knew exactly when he was born.)

Since it's just under two weeks ago, I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get to celebrate in some fashion (perhaps involving cheese, tuna & catnip.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Merujo said...

I shall celebrate Leo's birthday with a glass of champagne at a tavern/music club in Annapolis on the 6th. I'm on the artist's guest list for the first time in my life, so, having spared myself the $33 ticket price, I figured I could splurge on a little bubbly, and I will lift that drink in honor of Leo. :-)

MJ

4/30/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home